Sunday, January 30, 2011

Getting Past This Weight Plateau...

I have been trying to get this "baby weight" off for almost 15 months now. My friends get a kick out of this story, but I tried really hard not to gain as much weight during my third pregnancy and I did really well considering my first two pregnancies I gained nearly 40 to 50 pounds each time (and I got it off pretty quickly). So, during my third pregnancy I only gained about 30 pounds. I for the life of me cannot figure out why I pushed out a 6 pound 1 oz baby and came home weighing 3 pounds more than I did before I had her. It baffles me to this day!!! Well, fortunately I'm down about 15 pounds since November 3, 2009, but I still have 10 to 12 more to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight then an additional 15 on top of that. I began doing my diet before Christmas very strictly and in the past 6 weeks I've lost only 3.2 pounds. I'm doing great maintaining, but my goal is to lose, not maintain. I even did 2 to 3 months of P90X and I gained instead of losing. So today I have started back even stricter than before doing my weight watchers (it's the easiest diet in the world). To make me more accountable I thought I would blog about it here so that my one reader (Hi, HOLLIE!) can read this and I can at least feel that I have to do good so that each week I can post a blog that shows progress!! I will not show my actual weight, but I will post the pounds I lose each week!
WISH ME LUCK!!

6 comments:

  1. We are in this together baby girl! It's another journey through life, but we can conquer it one step, one meal and one lb at a time! I'm here to listen as I know you are for me! Love you, Moma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog, too! I think it is harder to lose it as we get older...I know my body isn't the same. =o/ Lots of luck! I know you can do it. Miss ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know if I wasn't busy GAINING baby weight I would be right there with you! And I will be with you this summer. Don't be too hard on yourself- I think you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog too! You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just so excited that I have readers!!!! Love you all!!
    PS... I'm doing good this week, can't wait to blog about it in a few days!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I read too :) Hollie, I didn't know you were pregnant!!!! Congrats! How exciting :)
    Amy, keep at it, you WILL lose weight. And if you gain weight while doing weights that is a good thing, it means you are gaining muscle which weights more than fat AND when you have muscle it will burn fat ALL the time, even when you aren't working out, so keep that in mind :) Good luck! You aren't in it alone, trust me and I'm sure most women out there!
    Audra

    ReplyDelete